Hear what our student have to say!
"The program has been a new beginning for me!"
Madelina DeMacedo, Transitions Program Student
Click here to hear what other students have to say!
Download our Transition to College Program brochure
||• Have been enrolled in an ESE funded Massachusetts Adult Basic Education ESOL or Hi-Set (GED) program
• Have a Social Security Number & Photo ID
• Be a Massachusetts resident
• Be an American Citizen OR have a permanent residency status ~ ("Green Card")
• Have a GED/Hi-SET or are near completion OR be an ESOL student with a high school diploma from their native country.
• Be able to demonstrate the ability to read at a college level as determined by a standardized
• Be able to participate in postsecondary level academic classes conducted in English.
• Be available Monday and Wednesday evenings between 5:30 – 8:30 p.m., September 3 – December 17, 2014.
• Individualized Educational & Career Advising
• 3-Credit College Experience Course - Required course
• 3-Credit Computer Technology Courses - Required course
• Beginning Windows
• Beginning Microsoft Word
• Beginning Microsoft Excel
• Reading and Writing Workshops
• Fundamentals of Math and Algebra Workshops
*Students who complete the Transition to College Program will have 6 college credits they can apply toward a college degree!
||• Individualized Educational & Career Advising for students as they work to achieve their goals.
• Each student will be given an electronic assessment designed to identify their educational and career paths and life goals.
• Student orientation, referrals to college support services including: Financial Aid, personalized tutoring at the Academic Resource Center (ARC), Student Advisement & Counseling Center, College Health Services, among other college programs and services.
• Assistance utilizing electronic resources available through the Massasoit Library, MyMassasoit portal, and Online learning.
Additional Resources Available to Transition to College Students:
•Massasoit Academic Resource Center (ARC)
•Writing Center& World Language Center
|The Transition to College Program is funded by a grant from the Massachusetts Department
of Elementary and Secondary Education (ESE) and is FREE to all who meet the eligibility
requirements. Download our brochure here.