Recruitment & Posting Policies
On Campus Recruiting
Recruitment and Posting Policies
Massasoit CareerLink is an online recruiting system where employers can post their career opportunities for Massasoit Community College students and alumni. There is no associated cost to create an employer account.
To ensure fair and ethical recruiting on our campus, we have implemented the following recruitment and posting policies:
Massasoit Community College Career Services staff works only with employers who comply with EEO and Affirmative Action principals.
Massasoit Community College Career Services welcomes employers to register and use the Massasoit CareerLink job bank to post their job openings.
The Career Services Office will not list a position if:
- Employers do not accept the Career Services Recruitment and Posting Policies by clicking the agree box on the Massasoit CareerLink job bank
- The rate of pay does not meet Massachusetts state minimum wage requirements ($8.00) as stated per the Massachusetts Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- The position(s) requires a fee/payment or investment for the student
- The employment opportunity involves on-campus solicitation or on-campus sales
- The posting company is unwilling to provide information about their services and or specifics about the job opportunity
- The third- party recruiter does not disclose (in the posting or to the student) the name(s) of the client(s) that the third-party recruiter is representing and to whom the students credentials will be disclosed
- Employers do not provide information to the Massasoit Career Services Office on students hired through Career Services, including names, rate of pay, hours worked, and beginning dates as requested
- The opportunity is for in-home or home based services, i.e. elder care, lawn care, home improvements, and babysitting. All opportunities must be located in a commercially zoned space with commercial lighting and facilities.
- Career Services retains the right to refuse, for any reason, any employer the opportunity to post employment opportunities on the job bank
Massasoit Community College Non-Discrimination/Equal Opportunity Policy
NON DISCRIMINATION/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
The responsibility for a background screening of prospective employees and employers rests with the respective companies and students, as does the decision to extend or accept employment offers. The Career Services Office shall not accept responsibility or liability for the future actions of either the employer or the employee. The office therefore, encourages all parties involved to utilize discretion and sound judgment prior to entering into an employment agreement.
Career Services Non-Discrimination/Equal Opportunity Policy
Non-Discrimination/Equal Employment Opportunity Policy - It is the policy of Massasoit Community College Career Services Office that each candidate be considered solely on the basis of qualifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, political belief or affiliation, citizenship (as defined under the Immigration Reform and Control Act), veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, and national origin in its education programs or employment pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 151B and 151C, Title VI, Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title IX, Education Amendments of 1972; Section 504, Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Americans with Disabilities Act, and regulations promulgated thereunder, 34 C.F.R. Part 100 (Title VI), Part 106 (Title IX) and Part 104 (Section 504). All inquiries concerning application of the above should be directed to the College’s Executive Officer for Institutional Diversity and Affirmative Action Officer, Joyce Zymaris, Brockton Campus, Administration Building A234, 508-588-9100, ext. 1304.