Massasoit Online Learning students are strongly encouraged to have access to the following equipment and software while navigating the online classroom environment, sending and receiving assignments and communicating efficiently with the instructors
- A PC running Windows, 2000, XP, or Vista (a Pentium or equivalent processor at 500 MHz or better) or a Macintosh system 7.5 or better.
- 128 Mb RAM (128 Mb highly recommended) and at least 50 Mb or available disk space for assignments.
- A modem or other device capable of connecting to the Internet at a speed of at least 56 kbps or broadband Internet connection.
An ISP (Internet Service Provider).
- We highly recommend the use of the most recent Firefox browser for online courses for both PCs and Macs. Firefox may be downloaded or update at http://www.firefox.com. You should also have the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/).
- An e-mail account and a word processing software program. Massasoit CC provides e-mail accounts to all students via the MyMassasoit portal.
- Current virus software must be installed and kept up to date.
- Some classes may have specific class requirements for additional software. These requirements will be listed on the course information page or in the course syllabus.
You will also need to make sure your computer is reliable and updated with all the latest software versions that are necessary to run our current Learning Management System.