Nomination Process | Nomination Form
The objective of the Massasoit Community College Athletic Department is to provide students with the highest athletic, academic, and social experience. Our goal is to achieve competitive success in every program and develop and maintain an environment that promotes sportsmanship, teamwork, compliance, equity, and diversity. We strive to provide quality leadership and management to help our teams achieve a positive level of success.
Athletics has always been a mainstay at Massasoit offering six varsity sports; men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s basketball, men’s baseball, and women’s softball, as well as offering golf, hockey, tennis, and women’s volleyball in the past. Teams and individuals have found success at local levels as well as national levels. Massasoit student-athletes have consistently been singled out for academic and athletic merit through league, All Region and All American recognition.
The Massasoit Hall of Fame is being conceived on the basis that many individuals have bestowed honor and recognition upon both themselves and Massasoit as a result of their participation in Massasoit athletics. The purpose of the Athletic Hall of Fame is to appropriately recognize these people and their accomplishments.
There are four levels of membership in the Massasoit Community College Athletic Hall of Fame. They are:
- Athlete Membership
- Coach Membership
- Team Membership
- Honorary Membership for Meritorious Service
- Nominees are not eligible for membership until five years has passed since participation in varsity athletics
- Must have played at least one full season on a Massasoit Community College varsity team
- Have distinguished themselves by their outstanding athletic participation (All-American, All New England, Section 21 All Star, Conference MVP/All Star, Record Holder, Leading Scorer, etc.)
- Serve as examples of outstanding character, courage, and leadership which the college seeks to develop in its athletic program
- The coach must have coached a minimum of five (5) years at Massasoit Community College
- The coach should have demonstrated a high level of success including an outstanding win/loss record
- The coach should have demonstrated sound ethical principles and values while enhancing the character and skills of his or her players
- Teams are not eligible for nomination until five (5) years have passed since their last season
- Must demonstrate an extremely high level of success on the playing field and in the classroom (unprecedented success within the college, league, or national records)
Honorary Membership for Meritorious Services
Download Nomination Form
- Must have demonstrated a strong and unique interest to the Massasoit Community College Athletic Department and/or a specific team
- Must have made a positive and significant impact on the athletic department and/or team
- Must show a long period of support and service to the athletic department and/or team
If you would like to nominate a deserving individual, please download the attached nomination form and return it to Julie Mulvey, Director of Athletics, Massasoit Community College, 1 Massasoit Blvd., Brockton, MA 02302 by April 15 of each year. All nominees will be presented before the Hall of Fame Committee during the month of May and selected for the induction ceremony held in June. All nominees not selected will remain in the pool of candidates for 3 years without needing to be renominated.