Massasoit Community College has an open enrollment policy in keeping with the Massachusetts Board of Higher Education's "Open Door" philosophy. That is, all high school graduates are offered the opportunity to pursue higher education. All applicants who have obtained a high school diploma, or a GED Certificate, will be eligible to be admitted to the college for our "open enrollment" associate degree or certificate programs of study.
Students who have completed a home school diploma, please see: “Home School Policy”.
The "open enrollment" policy does not apply to "selective admissions" programs of study, such as Health Career programs, which may have specific deadlines, prerequisites and other admissions criteria. For details see "Selective Admissions Programs" or contact the Admissions office.
Open Enrollment Program Information:
Prospective students are encouraged to apply as early as possible prior to the beginning of a semester since applicants are admitted to most programs on a first come, first serve basis and some programs may limit enrollment numbers.
- Applicants will be admitted to the college on a rolling admissions basis, which means first come first serve, as long the application is complete, all required documents have been received, and a vacancy exits in the applicant's desired program of study.
- Applicants may apply for the Fall or Spring Semesters however, some programs may not be available every semester. Applicants should contact the Admissions Office for details.
- Some programs are offered both day and evening and some programs may be offered in the day only or the evening only. Please note that some of the program specific courses are only available on certain campuses.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible prior to the beginning of a semester since some programs may limit enrollment numbers.
- Applicants may choose either full time or part time study options.
Information sessions and guided tours are available for applicants. Prospective students are encouraged to call the Admissions Office to schedule an appointment during the day with one of our Admissions Counselors. Please call:
Brockton (508) 588-9100 ext. 1411; Canton (781) 821-2222 ext. 2414; MIddleborough Center (508) 588-9100 ext. 4002.
For evening appointments, call the Brockton campus at (508) 588-9100, ext. 1311
or (781) 821-2222 ext 2671, for the Canton campus.
- Submit a completed application form to the Admissions Office, Brockton, Canton, or Middleborough.
- Submit documentation of high school graduation or GED completion (transcript or diploma or DD214) or complete
the self certification statement if eligible. All foreign high school transcripts must be evaluated.
- Submit all official college transcripts from any other institutions attended.
When the Admissions file is complete and the credentials have been evaluated, the Director of Admissions will notify the applicant in writing with his/her status. Upon acceptance to the college, students will take the college placement examinations and attend the required orientation program.